Facts about LG Hausys HI-MACS Countertop Surfaces:
LG Hausys Produces HI-MACS Countertops in the US:
LG Hausys Surfaces Division produces HI-MACS® and Viatera® materials in their own cutting-edge Georgia manufacturing facilities. LG Hausys is the only producer in the USA with two dedicated factories, one for Acrylic Solid Surface and one for Quartz Surfaces.
LG HI-MACS Countertops are Green as can be:
LG Hausys HI-MACS® Eden Plus Surfaces are one of the most environmentally conscious acrylic products available, featuring up to 41% certified pre-consumer recycled material. HI-MACS Eden Plus Surfaces are GREENGUARD Certified for Indoor Air Quality and can receive LEED® credits in sustainable design.
Cleaning, Care & Repair for LG HI-MACS Countertops:
HI-MACS solid surfaces are stain resistant, easy to clean and hygienic, ideal for kitchen countertops, vanity tops, and other surfaces subject to the hazards of moisture and heavy wear. Even the most used HI-MACS surfaces won’t succumb to coffee, or other stains.
No special cleaning products are needed to keep HI-MACS countertops looking beautiful day in and day out. While HI-MACS is extremely tough and durable, like any other fine material it can be damaged if abused or mistreated.
Reviewing these care and cleaning instructions can assist you in understanding how easy it is to care for your new HI-MACS countertops and surfaces, and how you can prevent more severe damage that may require special repairs. With a little knowledge, you can enjoy the elegance and beauty of HI-MACS countertops for years to come.
Please contact Capitol Granite for any additional information of LG HI-MACS countertops.
Normal Cleaning of LG HI-MACS Countertops:
- HI-MACS is non-porous, so it can be wiped clean with a damp cloth or sponge and mild detergents or general purpose cleaners such as Mr. Clean.
- If you have a matte finish, abrasive cleaners like Ajax or comet may also be used.
- Periodically it may also be helpful to go over the entire surface in a circular motion with an abrasive cleaner or wet Scotch Brite pad to maintain a uniform appearance.
Care of LG HI-MACS Countertops:
- Do not place hot pans directly from the burner or oven on the HI-MACS surface.
- Even though HI-MACS can withstand sustained temperatures up to 225 °F, prolonged or extreme heat could cause yellowing.
- A trivet should always be used under heated appliances, such as crock pots, electric frying pans, etc.
- Although minor cuts and scratches in HI-MACS can be repaired, deep cuts will require the services of professional Strong acids such as those found in drain, toilet bowl, and oven cleaners should be used cautiously around HI-MACS.
- If these items are accidentally spilled, wipe them up at once. Some of these items, when left on the surface, may cause whitening, which can be difficult to remove.
Spills and Stains on your LG HI-MACS Surfaces:
While most everyday spills can be removed with the cleaning techniques listed, some troublesome spills and stains such as food dye, tea, and fruit drinks may require more aggressive cleaning. These items can be removed with full strength bleach followed by a general cleanser.
Bleach should only come in contact with the surface for two to five minutes. On a matte finish, if you prefer, you can scrub with an abrasive cleaner. Even nail polish can be removed from HI-MACS with nail polish remover or an abrasive cleanser.
If Cigarettes come in Contact with you HI-MACS Surface:
While LG HI-MACS will not burn, should a lighted cigarette accidentally come in contact with the surface, it could leave a nicotine stain or scorch mark. Either of these can be removed by cleaning with an abrasive cleanser or buffing in a circular motion with a Scotch Brite pad.
Repairing Scratches on HI-MACS Surfaces:
For removing superficial scratches, rub in a circular motion with a wet Scotch Brite buffing pad until the scratches are removed. Clean thoroughly with soap and water and let dry.
Deep scratches can be removed by carefully sanding lightly with 120 grit sandpaper followed by 220 and 320 grit sandpaper.
Then rub the surface with a wet Scotch Brite pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. For added protection, or if any additional luster is desired, after the surface is dry, apply a non-wax polish cleaner or other recommended surface dressing and wipe with a clean, dry cloth. Wipe dry using another cloth.