AQ – Facts and Questions about Corian Countertops & Corian Surfaces:
What is Corian?
Corian is the brand name for a solid surfacing material created by DuPont that has earned trust and respect as a proven material that brings design versatility, long-term performance and value to any environment such as, kitchen countertops, bathroom vanities and many other surfaces. More than just countertops, Corian lends itself to imaginative uses, innovative interpretations, and enduring applications. It can be cut, routed, drilled, sculpted, bent, or worked like a fine wood. The ever-evolving color palette now extends to more than 100 colors. If you can envision it, chances are you can create it with Corian. Please contact Capitol Granite if you have any further inquires about Corian countertops and other Corian surface designs. Also, feel free to view Capitol Granite’s Complete Corian Countertop Color Selection Here.
Are Corian Countertops stain-resistant?
Corian countertops are stain-resistant. This is because corian is nonporous, so stains can’t penetrate the surface, making it easy to clean and maintain. Unlike natural stone, Corian® never requires sealing. This makes Corian the perfect surface for kitchen countertops, bathroom countertops, bathroom vanities, and nearly anything you can imagine.
Are Corian Countertops heat-resistant?
We do not recommend placing a hot pot directly on you Corian countertops. Although Corian remains stable and undamaged in temperatures up to 212ºF (100ºC), high heat or flame will damage your surface. In most cases, this damage can be repaired. To protect your Corian from heat damage, always use a hot pad or a trivet with rubber feet when using hot pots, or heat-generating appliances like electric skillets or electric cooking pots on your kitchen countertops.
How do I clean my Corian Countertops?/
Corian countertops are easy to clean, which makes it perfect for kitchen countertops, bathroom countertops, vanities, and nearly any other surface. Soapy water or an ammonia-based cleaner is all that is necessary for day-to-day care of your Corian countertops. Minor scratches, burns or discoloration are also easy to repair on your Corian countertops. Major damage should be repaired by a Certified Fabricator/Installer of DuPont Corian. Contact Capitol Granite for further assistance in the restoration of your Corian countertops.
Do Corian Countertops require special sealing?
No, Corian is nonporous. Unlike natural stone, Corian never needs sealing making it easy to live with and perfect for kitchen countertops, bathroom countertops, vanities, and many other surfaces! Corian is a beautiful, maintenance-free surface that is perfect for your new kitchen remodeling projects.
What makes DuPont™ Corian® the perfect surface for kitchen countertops?
Corian is easy to clean and is certified kosher. Because Corian is nonporous, stains do not penetrate the surface, and makes it perfect for kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities. With proper cleaning, Coriancountertops also resist the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria. Corian surfaces are also heat and scratch resistant, so it is ideal for kitchen countertops.
Additional Information about Corian Countertops:
Corian countertops are actually a type of solid surface countertops which are manufactured by the DuPont Company. Corian countertops were introduced forty years ago and since then, it has been one of the most popular materials used by people for their kitchens. The best thing about Corian kitchen countertops is that, it is possible for one to use a similar type of material for the sink also. Corian countertops are available in three forms which are matte satin, semi gloss and high gloss. Though earlier, there weren’t different types of kitchen countertops, and people did not have many options when it came to colors and patterns, now Corian offers countertops that are available in a variety of shades and styles. Due to all these positive factors, Corian countertops are very popular among people.
Corian Countertops Pros and Cons:
Advantages of Corian Countertops:
- One of the main advantages of using Corian countertops is that it is available in different colors. This allows you to choose the one which suits your home and tastes the best. Also, because as you can get pre-cut material which fit perfectly on your kitchen, it will be free of seams which can be easily seen on other types of countertop materials.
- One of the very common reasons for people to choose the Corian countertops is because it is very easy to clean. Any spill during the cooking process can be cleaned, without taking any extra effort to clean off your kitchen or bathroom countertops.
- Corian countertops are also stain resistant. Corian surfaces are non-porous, which allows for stains to your kitchen countertops to be cleaned up without causing any permanent damage to your beautiful countertops.In addition, because Corian countertops are non-porous, they resist mildew, mold, and the growth of bacteria.
Disadvantages of Corian Countertops:
- Corian countertops scratch easily, which usually is permanent.
- Corian countertops can get damaged easily, when exposed to hot pans and vessels. Hence, one should remember not to place very hot cooking vessels on the countertops, for more than a few seconds. For more information please contact Capitol Granite.
- Corian countertops are expensive. Though the price of Corian is not as high as that of granite, it can be costlier than the other types of materials which are used in building the countertop.